Friday, March 19, 2010

Goodwill

I am determined to go to the Goodwill store at least once a week. This week the urge came on Tuesday. After picking up my boyfriends son at tennis practice I decided to drive the 20 miles to the closest one. I was a little disappointed that the craft table I had admired last week had been sold.. but then again I wasn't really willing to spend $50 on it then so maybe it was a good thing. The wood & metal isles still contained the same junk that was there last week and not much new stuff. The plastic isle always has some sort of neat container that I can use for storing minis. I was also looking for plastic lunchroom trays for working on projects in the bedroom. I only found one simple tray for .55 cents. at the far end of the isle I spotted this...
Photobucket
My curiosity always gets the best of me when it comes to containers. I had to open it to see what it was. I was expecting a big empty container but what I found was a plastic sewing basket with 2 removable trays. None of the supplies were included I just forgot to take a picture before I started putting all my sewing stuff inside.
Photobucket
All the little bins had labels molded into the plastic. The empty space on the top tray is meant for buttons but my button collection takes up almost the entire bottom tray.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The color leaves a bit to be desired but at $2.62 it was too good to pass up on. Besides I can always paint it later.
After wondering down the toy isle looking for dollhouse stuff I moved on to the craft/office supply isle. There was a lot of the same junk there too. Then I spotted a grid and thought it might be a cutting mat but it turned out to be a paper cutter. It was covered in packaging tape to prevent injury. It took about 30 minutes of cleaning with Goo Gone to get all the tape residue off but it was worth it.
Photobucket
I've wanted one of these for a while but I'm just too cheap to spend more than $10 on one. At $7.57 it is the most expensive item I've bought at Goodwill so far.. lol
I looked it up online and it retails for almost $40 on Amazon.

3 comments:

Jo Raines said...

What great finds! I am heading there in hopes of finding a pretty dress for my Joanna, 10 for Easter. It seems my budget gets tighter and tighter!

Jody

Kathi said...

I would have snatched the sewing box too. Lots of great storage there! I love thrift stores.

Little Messy Missy said...

Great deal. I love the sewing basket. What color will you paint it?