Tuesday, April 20, 2010

West Avenue flea market

Finally it was after 10am and the SweetHomes Antique Mall and Flea Market on West Ave was open. I forgot to take pictures as I walked in but I've posted a link where you can see a vendors pictures of everything. The place used to be an old mill and there are metal shaving pressed into the wood floors. I had been to this one years ago too but the setup had changed. I wandered thru the open booths and came across a booth called the "Vintage Needle" owned by Debora McFearin. I found lots of craft supplies at great prices. As I went to pay for my finds I saw this beautiful display cabinet and asked if I could photograph it for my blog.
Photobucket
It's a 1909 German Simplex all original. I was amazed by all the vintage patterns that were still in perfect condition. She even opened the case to show me some of the stuff.
Photobucket
Please visit her photo album on her site to see pictures of the whole flea market http://vintageneedle.net/album/sweethomes/
Here is everything I bought from her...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And the only miniature related finding...
Photobucket

6 comments:

beyondbaffled said...

Very cool! What all can you make with the Simplicity pattern?

Jo Raines said...

What wonderful finds! I finally got around to posting the goodies I won in your blog giveaway quickly this a.m. before work--blogger wasn't cooperating and it took three tries to upload the pix! Thank you again! The little pipe cleaner bear will be perfect in Joanna's nursery.

Jody

Sans! said...

Is that a dollhouse you bought?

miniannalee said...

The simplicity dollhouse patterns are for all the fabric items in picture. Drapes, Bedspreads, table cloths etc...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Anna, thank you for the wonderful review, you have made my day. We have a facebook fan page now and I post weekly info on new vendors and events. I also have a weekly display of vintage and antique clothing at my booth and I post pics on Friday after setup. If anyone is interested the page address is SweethomesAntiqueMall&FleaMarket or you can friend me at Debora McFearin and VintageNeedle also has a fan page but I need a couple of more fans before I can get an simple address. Thanks again and I love your blog.