Monday, April 12, 2010

I hit the jackpot of Yard Sales

I only saw two yard sale signs in my town this weekend. We had to run to Dallas Friday evening so I was looking for signs there. I lost count of the number of signs that were posted so I knew exactly where I would be going first thing Saturday morning. I decided to check Craigslist for additional sales in the area, that's when I found the ad for a Giant Scrapbook Yard Sale. I knew I had to find that one as early as possible. On my 15 minute drive to Dallas I stopped at a couple of yard sales. The first one was a moving sale that seemed pretty bare. As I started to walk away I spotted this tackle box with fancy glass beads and wire. So I bought it..
Photobucket
Then I was on a quest to find the Scrapbook yard sale. I tried calling the number to get directions but my phone decided to shut down on me. (my battery had exploded)
I drove around for about 30 minutes just trying to locate it from the few directions I did manage to get. Just as I gave up and was headed back towards town I happened to see the tiny 8.5x11 neon sign for the scrapbook sale... woohoo..
I drove way back into a fancy subdivision where all the drive ways were too steep to even see the yard. I spotted another sign and about 6 cars parked on the street. I climbed my way to the top of the driveway to see the most wonderfully laid out sale ever. They must have had 300+ rubber stamps on two tables in the garage. I started grabbing things I liked and they offered me a bag to carry everything. My bag was bursting at the seams when I spotted this Craftsman Rotary tool with flex shaft.. It looked brand new with the instructions still there for $10. I grabbed that up before anybody else could.
They told me I could put all my finds by the garage door so I could continue to shop. I found a couple of other things and was ready to pay when I walked past a container filled with polymer clay & supplies. I started digging thru the box to see if there was anything I wanted when they told me it was $5 for the whole box. I snapped the lid on it and added it to my pile to pay for. Here is everything I bought there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After leaving that sale and getting lost again. I finally made it back into town where all the yard sales were. Most of them just had clothes and purses. I stopped at a church yard sale and found some interesting books there.
Photobucket
After that yard sale I stopped at the unusual thrift store I had gone to last week. They have their new arrivals in the front room so I didn't spend a whole lot of time there but I did pick up this stuff
Photobucket
I didn't find anything at Goodwill this week. Everything was over priced again.

5 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Good for you! This reminds me of the time I came across a dog garage sale (a rescue group selling donated items). I got new toys, collars, and a dog car seat for next to nothing! I'm not sure what's more exciting: winning money or finding a way to save a lot of it :).

Also, I've quit going to Goodwill... they're crazy overpriced!

DLSarmywife said...

SWEET!!!! That is an awesome garage sale haul!!! I can't wait to watch over time to see what all these cool things become! =D

FabShabbyRoses said...

You definately found the motherload! Great finds Anna! I'm so proud of you!
Carolyn

Punto Sur miniaturas said...

Wow Anna!! May I say I'm getting green of envy??? We lack not only of yard sales here in my country, but also of shops where we can buy polymer clay supplies and miniatures... May be I ned to plan some vacatins in Dallas, LOL!!!!

Kim said...

wow!!! You find the greatest sales! I think the best find was the rotary tool for $10- what a bargain!!